Use of VPN no longer required or recommended for off-campus access.
Users accessing iRIS though a VPN connection (Junos Pulse, vpn.ucsf.edu and remote.ucsf.edu) have been experiencing significant issues preventing use of the system. Problems reported include text fields in forms appearing blank, inability to type in or edit text fields, and users being kicked out when they try to open submission components from certain screens in the system
- Users can now access iRIS directly from MyAccess at https://myaccess.ucsf.edu
- If you have logged in through a VPN connection, please log out of iRIS, open a new browser window, go to https://myaccess.ucsf.edu and click on the CHR-iRIS or eProposal link as usual
iRIS User Instructions
- Users do not have access to any studies or proposals unless they have specifically been granted permission to view and/or edit them. If you are a new user, you may see no studies or proposals in your My Studies/My Proposals list. If you are supposed to be working on studies or proposals, ask your PI or RSC to grant you access.
- To enter a study for CHR or GESCR review, click the Study Assistant link on the left side of the page. Then click "Add a New Study.” Contact the CHR at [email protected] or 415-476-1814 with questions about submitting CHR or GESCR studies.
- To work on proposals for Pre-award, click the eProposal Assistant link and then click “Add a new Project.”
The current version of iRIS is compatible with all browsers.
- For users working in IE 9, Compatibility View should be turned off
- Users experiencing the pop-up error message 'blockUI requires jQuery v.1.2.3 or later! You are using 1.11.1' should clear the cache in their browser
UCSF Security Policy
UCSF Security Policy strictly prohibits the sharing of passwords. By clicking the button at the bottom of this page to enter iRIS, you are hereby affirming that you own the MyAccess account you entered. Users working under someone else's UCSF identity will be reported to the ITS Security and Policy group for investigation of the incident.