Responsible Conduct of Research: Have all of your clinical research trainees fulfilled the NIH’s mandatory ethics training requirement? If not, now is the perfect opportunity for them to do so. Enrollments are being accepted for Responsible Conduct of Research, an online course that runs from July 29th - September 13th. This course fulfills the didactic component of the NIH ethics training requirement.
This course is only offered to the UCSF community once per year, so any trainee on a NIH Institutional Research Training Grant, Individual Fellowship Award, Career Development Award (Institutional and Individual), Research Education Grant or Dissertation Research Grant is encouraged to enroll by July 29, 2019.
To register for the course, click here.
UCSF Clinical Research Resource HUB's Suggested Training for Clinical Research: The HUB has published a useful checklist for both onboarding and ongoing training for Clinical Research Coordinators, PIs, and other research support staff at UCSF.
iRIS Interactive Tutorials: In October 2018, we created a suite of interactive online tutorial for working in iRIS. Go to the iRIS Help website (MyAccess login required) to take the tutorials.
Note: The IRB was formerly known as the Committee on Human Research (CHR), which is the term used in some of these presentations.
- UCSF Clinical Research Resource HUB
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and UCSF Training & Advancement Opportunities Matrix
- UCSF Training in Clinical Research (TICR) Program
Other Groups or Institutions
- Center Watch Resources
- University of Michigan Online Course: Valid Consent/Refusal to Participate in Research
- Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP): Education Resources (Includes In-Person Events and Online Educational Opportunities)
- Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues: Bioethics Education
- NIH: Educational Materials About Clinical Trials