Note: Due to a recent staffing vacancy, some previously scheduled classes have been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Request IRB Group Training: Please complete our Training Request Form if you would like to request a customized class or presentation for your group of 4 of more individuals.
UCSF Clinical Research Resource HUB's Suggested Training for Clinical Research: The HUB has published a useful checklist for both onboarding and ongoing training for Clinical Research Coordinators, PIs, and other research support staff at UCSF.
Open Lab Hours: On a trial basis, the IRB will be hosting open lab hours for anyone needing training in the iRIS system and general help with their IRB submission. The lab will be hosted by 2-3 IRB staff members. There will be a first come first serve sign-up at the lab. See the original announcement for more info.
In-Person Training: The IRB offers hands-on training in a computer lab setting. These classes are directed toward investigators, study contacts and others who prepare and maintain IRB submission. Participants will learn and practice common tasks related to submitting and managing studies in the iRIS system.
We offer two classes – iRIS Intro Class and iRIS Advanced Class: Managing Approved Studies. We strongly suggest that you attend the intro class before attending the advanced class.
Group Training: We also encourage departments or groups to organize a time for us to visit and provide you with either a) a demo of the iRIS system or b) a demo and hands-on training. Please fill out a Group Training Request Form if you wish to organize this type of training for a group of 4 or more individuals.
You will be responsible for arranging the meeting room and some IT resources for the training. Submit only one request per group. We will finalize the date and time with you after we schedule an available trainer. If you have questions, please contact us.
Note: The IRB was formerly known as the Committee on Human Research (CHR), which is the term used in some of these presentations.
- UCSF Clinical Research Resource HUB
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and UCSF Training & Advancement Opportunities Matrix
- UCSF Training in Clinical Research (TICR) Program
Other Groups or Institutions
- Center Watch Resources
- University of Michigan Online Course: Valid Consent/Refusal to Participate in Research
- Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP): Education Resources (Includes In-Person Events and Online Educational Opportunities)
- Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues: Bioethics Education
- NIH: Educational Materials About Clinical Trials