Many UCSF investigators collaborate with researchers at UCSF-affiliated units. The UCSF IRB serves as the IRB of record for the organizations listed below.
Local Requirements: Although UCSF is the IRB of record for these UCSF-affiliated institutions, each may have local submission requirements that must be met prior to beginning the human subjects research.
Of note, SFGH and the SF VAMC require approval from a separate committee before research can take place at the site. Research studies involving SFDPH require approval from DPH administration. See details below.
- SFDPH Research Proposal Approval —Requires approval from DPH administration. Attach the completed and signed form to your IRB submission.
- SFDPH Policy: HIPAA Compliance – Privacy and the Conduct of Research
The UCSF IRB will only review SFDPH IRB Applications with these designated PIs. If you would like to be on this list, please contact Phillip O. Coffin at 415-437-6282.
- Tomas Aragon, No UCSF appointment/DPH
- Tom Bleecker- No UCSF appointment/DPH
- Susan Buchbinder - Medicine-VCF & Epidemiology, Associate Clinical Professor (WOS)
- Stephanie Cohen - Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Associate Clinical Professor (WOS)
- Milton Estes - No UCSF appointment/DPH
- Phillip Coffin - Division of HIV/AIDS, Assistant Clinical Professor
- Jonathan Fuchs - Department of Medicine, Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine
- Chris Keh - No UCSF appointment/DPH
- Albert Liu - SFGH-General Internal Medicine, Assistant Clinical Professor (WOS)
- William McFarland - Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Adjunct Professor (WOS)
- Susan Philip - Medicine - Division of Infectious Diseases, Assistant Clinical Professor (WOS)
- H. Fisher Raymond - Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Assistant Adjunct (WOS)/DPH
- Toni Rucker - No UCSF appointment/DPH
- Melissa Sanchez - No UCSF appointment/DPH
- Susan Scheer - No UCSF appointment/DPH
- Sandra Schwarcz - Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Asst. Adjunct Professor
- David Stier - No UCSF appointment/DPH
- June Weintraub - No UCSF appointment/DPH
- Erin Wilson- No UCSF appointment/DPH
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG, formerly SFGH) — If you are planning to enroll patients at ZSFG, are using ZSFG personnel, resources, facilities, space or ZSFG patient data, you must complete an ZSFG Research Protocol Application. Do not submit a copy of this form to the UCSF IRB.
US Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center San Francisco (SFVAMC) — Requires approval from VA Research & Development Committee.